Volunteering bodies from across Australia are offering grants to volunteer-based organisations to support their efforts and increase participation in volunteering.
Grants from $1,000 – $5,000 are available to not-for-profit organisations with a volunteer workforce of at least 40%.
Funding can be used to buy small equipment for volunteers or for the reimbursement of volunteer fuel, transport or training costs, amongst other things.
The 2020 Supplementary Grants are designed to support volunteer involving organisations with a high proportion (over 40%) of volunteers to:
- Help support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- Help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- Encourage, support, and increase participation in volunteering
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers
- Adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in relation to COVID-19
The intended outcome of the grants is to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering.
Applications close Sunday 20 September and more information is available on the Volunteering Australia website.